Jan 17, 2019
DCSO is Accepting Applications for Deputies
DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office
The DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the positions of Deputy Sheriff with the DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office.
Population of DeWitt County: 16,434 (405 sq. miles)
Starting Salary: $44,167 for Deputy Sheriff (as of 12/1/2018).
Previous Certified Officers: Those certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board in Law Enforcement apply anytime by calling 217-935-9507. The starting wage for a pre-certified Deputy Sheriff is $47,758.
Benefits Include: Paid vacation, holiday, sick leave, medical is also available with pay, life insurance and excellent pension plan.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the DeWitt County Merit Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of testing;
- Attend a mandatory State of Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test and written test administration on March 23, 2019.
- Note: The POWER Test and written exam testing requirements MAY be waived for certified Illinois Law Enforcement Officers. A copy of a Law Enforcement Certificate is required at time of application.
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Documents Required for Application Submission:
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent (If unable to provide a diploma, obtain a letter of certification from the school);
- If applicant has military experience, a copy of Form DD214 is required.
Submission of Application:
- Applications MUST be submitted online by March 8, 2019. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by March 8, 2019.
- Mandatory Orientation, Physical Ability Test and Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the Orientation, Physical Ability Test and Written Exam Administration.*
When: March 23, 2019
Where: Clinton High School West Entrance (1200 W. West Highway 54, Clinton, IL)
*A 1.5 mile run for Deputy Sheriff Applicants will be held at the High School Track – weather permitting. The alternate location will be in the High School Gym.
For More Information or to Apply, Please Visit: www.applytoserve.com
DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office
101 W. Washington St.
Clinton, IL 61727
The DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.